Your skin is unique. Nobody has the exact same skin as you. But you still fall into one of four major categories. And this skin type quiz will help you figure out how to characterize your unique skin so you can choose the proper skincare.
Before you take the skin type quiz, you probably want to know a little bit about your potential category. You could be:
- Oily: This one is pretty self-explanatory. If you have excess oil all over your skin, chances are you will come out of the skin type quiz with an oily designation.
- Combination: Surprise, surprise. This is a combination of dry and oily skin. So, if your T-zone (forehead, nose, and chin) are oily and your cheeks are dry, your quiz result may say combination.
- Dry: If your skin is flaky, rough and drinks up the moisturizer, you might take the skin type quiz and find you have dry skin.
- Sensitive: Easily irritated skin—especially when you interact with new products or environments—is an indicator of sensitive skin.
You might feel like something’s missing—normal skin.
It’s true that a normal skin type is the most common. It could be described as having a balance of moisture, small pores, and few visible concerns. Basically, it’s what you imagine healthy skin looking like. It’s the kind of skin you’re either trying to achieve or trying to maintain with your skincare routine.
To let your youthful glow shine through, make sure to use products designed for your skin type. And apply your products in the correct order to get the most out of your skincare routine.
|Cleanse:||Conditioning Makeup Remover|
|Cleanse:||Creamy Foam Cleanser|
|Enhance:||Hydrating + Lifting Sheet Mask|
|Enhance:||Hydrating Eye Essence|
|Hydrate AM:||Protective Day Lotion|
|Hydrate PM:||Replenishing Night Gel|
Step 1. Cleanse Twice a Day
Don’t let grime dull your glow. Use a gentle cleanser to remove impurities without over-stripping the natural oils from your skin. This will help prepare your skin for application of additional skin care products and/or makeup.
- In the morning, cleansing will not only refresh your skin. It’s also helpful for removing any sweat, excess oil, dead skin cells, etc. that may have accumulated overnight.
- At night, it’s essential to wash off the day. And water alone won’t do the job. Remove makeup with a makeup remover. Then cleanse away dirt, pollutants, and oily residue to leave your skin feeling fresh.
Step 2: Tone after Cleanser
One of the most important steps in your routine, toner begins to restore moisture balance and will help you get the most out of your other skincare products.
Step 3: Enhance with Treatment Products
Serums, masks, and eye treatment products deliver more concentrated active ingredients than you can get from a moisturizer. They are the best way to give your skin a boost of protection from the effects of the environment and defy the visible signs of aging. These products are essential for effectively preserving the look of youthful skin tone, texture, and firmness.
Step 4: Hydrate in the AM and PM
Dermatologists agree, retaining and replenishing moisture is key for healthy-looking, vibrant skin. (Even oily skin can become dehydrated and needs to have water restored.) Treat your skin to a high-quality moisturizer morning and night to complete your daily skincare routine.
- In the morning, hydrate and protect with a moisturizer that also contains a broad-spectrum sunscreen. UV rays are one the biggest contributors to visible wrinkles and minor discoloration associated with normal aging.
- At night, ensure a beautiful morning with a replenishing moisturizer that also contains targeted ingredients to help rejuvenate and repair the look of your skin.